Welcome to Fitness Deciphers…!!!
This is the in-depth article on “The Moon Bath Benefits”.
Here, I will tell you the health benefits of having a regular moon bath.
The sun and moon both are significant celestial objects in our life. In many cultures, the sun and moon have been considered gods.
Having sunlight for 15-20 minutes a day can fulfill our need for vitamin D and that’s why sun bath is very famous in the western world.
Though sun bath is very popular, people are not much aware of moon bath.
Just like a sunbath, a moon bath (especially a full moon bath) is also beneficial for our health.
Here, we will discuss the moon bath benefits described by modern science as well as ancient texts.
But before we discuss the benefits of a moon bath, we have to understand a few aspects of a moon bath such as what it is, its types, what care to take, etc.
1. What is a Moon Bath?
A Moon bath is a practice of exposing your body to the moon and letting the moonlight fall on your body. (Just like a sunbath)
You can lie down, sit, stand, play, walk, and meditate under the moonlight.
Many people also perform the Moon Salutation while exposing their bodies to the moon.
Since you have to expose your body to the moonlight, you should wear short clothes so that the moonlight can properly fall on your body.
2. Types of Moon Bath
There are two types of moon baths. The ancient one and the modern one.
1) Ancient moon bath was founded in India. It includes exposing our bodies to the moon (especially the full moon).
2) In the modern method, we drink and/or bath with moon-charged water.
You have to place water under the moon overnight (minimum 2 hours) and bring it in before the sun rises and bath with that moon-charged water.
(In India, there is a ritual of eating rice pudding (Kheer) kept in the silver vessel overnight under the full moon night since ancient times)
Both moon bathing methods are beneficial for your health. You can choose any of them based on your convenience.
But if you ask me what I would prefer then I will go for the ancient method.
3. How to Perform a Moon Bath?
Above I mentioned that there are two types of moon baths. Here, we will learn the methods to perform both of them.
1) How to Perform the Ancient Moon Bath?
- Wear a moon bath suit and go to the open terrace
- You can walk, stand, or play under the moonlight
- You also sit, ly down, practice meditation, or practice moon salutation on a yoga mat.
- Do this for at least 30 minutes to get the maximum benefits
2) How to perform the Modern Moon Bath?
- Take fresh water into the bigger glass bowl
- Add Himalayan pink salt and/or Epsom salt and/or essential oils into the water
- Then place the water under the moonlight for 1-2 hr (Best if placed overnight and brought before sunrise)
- Then add this moon-charged water into your bath water and enjoy your bath
After practicing any of the above practices, you should go to sleep.
These are two basic methods to perform a moon bath.
To enhance the result and get the maximum health benefits of moon bathing, you should practice it between the new moon and full moon night.
You can also use Waxing Moon Botanical Bath Tea to double the moon bath benefits.
4. Best Way to Practice Moon Bath
If you are lucky enough to have an outside water tub then I will request you to use the below technique.
=> Just add all you want to add in bath water such as Himalayan salt, Epsom salt, essential oils, etc.
Then Relax in the bathtub under the moonlight at least for half an hour. So simple.
5. What Cares Should You Take While Moon Bathing?
1) If you are practicing the ancient method then you should wear short clothes so that moonlight can fall on your body properly.
2) Go to sleep right after practicing the moon bath.
3) Also practice moon gazing.
4) If you are exposing your body to the moon, practice it for at least 30 minutes.
5) If you are in a park or any other public place where you can’t wear short clothes then try to wear white clothes.
6) If you are soaking your body in the moon-charged water, practice it at least for 20-30 minutes.
If you will take care of these things, you will get the maximum moon bath benefits.
Now, we will discuss the benefits of a moon bath in detail.
6. Moon Bath Benefits
Though there is no highly trusted evidence that proves the health benefits of moon bathing, it has benefitted many people.
1) Moon Bathing Gives Relief in Stress & Anxiety
Providing relief from stress and anxiety is one of the health benefits of moon bathing.
Moonlight is believed to have a calming effect on the body and brain. It also promotes relaxation by increasing the melatonin levels in the body.
If we practice meditation under the moonlight, it can decrease the chance of suffering from stress and anxiety in the future.
When you come exhausted after a hectic day in the office, just soak your body in a tub of moon-charged water.
It will relax your body and soothe you.
2) It Improves the Quality of Sleep
Since moon bathing increases the melatonin levels in the body, it can literally promote the quality of sleep.
That’s why the moonlight is also considered “Sleep Conducive”.
So, if you are not having the better sleep at night, you should give moon bathing a try.
(Related: Most Common Causes of Poor Quality Sleep)
3) Moon Bath Can Cool Down Your Body
It is one of the benefits of a moon bath.
In Ayurveda, It is said that the sun heats our body whereas the moon cools down the body.
That’s why moon gazing, moon walking, moon salutation, and moon bathing are extremely beneficial in the season of summer.
(Related: Tips to Stay Healthy in Summer)
If you practice moon bathing in summer, it can cool your body and helps you stay healthy in summer.
4) It Regulates The Periods
Where the sun is associated with masculinity, the moon is associated with femininity.
If women regularly perform the moon bath (especially the ancient method), their period cycle may be regulated.
In this way, moon bathing also provides benefits to women.
5) It Removes Heat from The Body
Since moon bathing can reduce the heat of your body, it can also prevent or cure hives, rashes, urticaria, and migraine.
6) Improves Fertility in Women
As the moon is more associated with women, moon bathing can increase fertility and regulates the hormones of women.
7) Helps You With Hypertension
If you are undergoing any hypertension treatment, moon bathing can enhance the result of the treatment.
These are some health benefits of moon bathing.
7. Discover More About Moon Bathing
If you want to get vast knowledge on moon bathing, you can read “Moon Bath: Bathing Rituals and Recipes for Relaxation and Vitality”.
It explains moon bathing rituals and the ways to perform them in deep.
Here, we have discussed the moon bath benefits.
You know that the moon has a very special and powerful effect on the water of the earth.
Since 85% of our body is made up of water, it has powerful effects on us too.
Moon bathing is considered extremely beneficial for our health.
You should practice it regularly. If it is not possible then you should do it at least on the new moon and full moon night.
If you have any questions related to moon bath benefits, you can ask me in the comment box.
If you like this article, share it with your friends.
Thanks for reading…!!!